LogicMail is a standalone E-Mail client designed to run on RIM BlackBerry handheld devices, providing full support for IMAP, POP, and SMTP over the device's Internet connection. Its exists to provide an alternative to the service-oriented "push" E-Mail system that is normally provided with the device, which does not always meet the needs of conventional E-Mail service users. The initial inspiration for this project came from the now defunct Mail4ME project, with continued inspiration from all of its active users.
Right now you can find the source code in SVN, if you dig through the SourceForge project page. I'm using a BSD-style license for this project, except where noted otherwise.
If you want to try it on your BlackBerry handheld, the easiest way is to point your mobile browser at the "Over-The-Air" installation link:
- Latest version: 2.2.0 (for BlackBerry OS v4.5 or higher)
- Previous release: 2.0.0 (for BlackBerry OS v4.5 or higher)
To participate in active discussions about the project, you should consider joining the mailing lists. Through the lists, we can discuss project issues as a group, and not be limited to one-on-one conversations.
- logicmail-users - The main mailing list for user discussions. Subscribe to this list to ask for help, discuss any issues you may have, and generally keep up to date on things. ( Archive)
- logicmail-devel - The development mailing list. Subscribe to this list to take part in discussions about anything relating to the development of LogicMail. ( Archive)
- LogicMail Development Blog
- LogicMail 2.0 Progress Report
- Features and Issues
- Translating LogicMail
- Internationalization support in LogicMail
- Development Environment
- Analytics Information
- Design Information
- SourceForge Project Page