Its been many months now since I transitioned from 2.0 fixes over to full on 2.1 development work. While there are still plenty of nitpicks that need to be addressed in 2.1, it is stable enough that I (and many others) have been running it on a regular basis for some time now. Since I've been telling everyone that I'd have v2.1 in beta by DevCon 2011, I think I should make good on that promise. With that all being said...
I'm happy to announce the initial public beta release of LogicMail 2.1! This release builds on the capabilities of 2.0, and adds in the most user-requested feature of all time, background message polling. I may still add a few more minor features during the beta period, but my time is limited and I want to get this out there.
Key new features of 2.1 are:
- Background server polling*
- Home screen notification icon
- Configurable refresh intervals
- IMAP: Can check both INBOX and non-INBOX folders
- IMAP: Uses IDLE to keep the connection open when possible
- Can automatically connect and check for mail on application startup
- Can auto-start on device startup
- Improved setup wizard, including configuration of new features
- App now hides instead of exiting closed (Exit option still available)
- Option to mark messages read/unread without viewing them
- Supports the IMAP COMPRESS extension (optional)
- Support for OS7 hybrid-touch devices (e.g. Bold 9900)
- Faster detection of stalled network connections
- Supports OS 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 5.0, 6.0, and 7.0
(* May impact battery life, since LogicMail does not use push notification)
- Point your BlackBerry browser at: http://logicmail.org/ota
Note: Some of the non-English translations may be out of date. I hope to get those updated over the next few weeks.