Help (#2) - Logicmail attempted to open connection to a location inside and outside firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy (#140) - Message List

Logicmail attempted to open connection to a location inside and outside firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy

hi, im just wondering, i got this error message when try to refresh my imap folder

Logicmail attempted to open connection to a location inside and outside firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy

im new with blackberry and would appreciate if i could use ur program to access my mail just using wifi... could anyone please help me to solve this...

thanx a bunch...

Tree View Flat View (newer first) Flat View (older first)
  • Message #413

It has been a very long time since I've seen an error like that. I thought it was long since fixed on the BlackBerry OS somewhere.

What OS version is your BlackBerry running? Also, what version of LogicMail are you using? (you can explicitly tell it to use WiFi, and to use/not-use MDS (BES, basically) and the development builds (v1.9.1.x) have much better network configuration/detection code)

• Message #414

hi, thanx for the reply. im not really sure why im getting the error like this, but my blackberry bold 9000 running on os 5.0.0.822 (1385)

and ur logicmail app running on 1.9.1.224. this is the latest rev right?

i am specifically sets it to run on wifi only, in the incoming, outgoing and global settings. but i cant seems to get it working.

just to add a point, my bb firewall is enable by default, i cant switch it off..

sorry for my bad english. hope to hear from u soon.

• Message #415

The problem is that your device has an IT policy set on it, that disallows "Split-Pipe Connections". A lot of BlackBerry apps have issues with this policy, and Google will give you a lot of information on it.

If your device is not on a BES, then you need to research how to reset or remove the IT policy on your device.

If it is on a BES, then you need to get your IT administrator to fix the policy.

Feel free to search for more ideas.

• Message #416

i'll try what u have post. nope im not using BES or BIS. i'll reply back if i encounter any more problem.

thanx.

Tree View Flat View (newer first) Flat View (older first)

Subscriptions

Moderation