Open Discussion (#3) - User Selectable Identities (#148) - Message List

User Selectable Identities

I was wondering about user selectable identities (Ticket Number  134). I'm a frequent user of different aliases and this would make it a lot easier.

Plus can one of the identities listed be one that has no email address? I'd like to be able to type it in at the time of sending my message. I have a few email aliases that I only use for sending email "once in a blue moon" making it so that it's not really worth setting up an actual identity.

• Message #432

Yes, that ticket is on my do-to list. Its lower-priority than other things I'm currently working on, but simple enough that I really have no excuse for not getting it into 2.0.

The E-Mail address in the identity is somewhat necessary, though. But having an alternative way to provide it might be worth considering. Its basically needed in two places:

• When connecting to the SMTP server, one of the setup commands tells the server the E-Mail address of the sender.
    • In the actual message itself, to set the "From:" header. This is what the recipient sees.

So maybe what you actually want is a way to manually set the address used for the "From:" header while composing the message?

• Message #435

So maybe what you actually want is a way to manually set the address used for the "From:" header while composing the message?

Yes. That's what I meant. I was thinking of an identity named "Miscellaneous". When I select that identity to use for a message, LM would allow me to enter the email address at the time of email composition.

Subscriptions

Moderation