Open Discussion (#3) - Problem with Gmail IMAP (#180) - Message List

Problem with Gmail IMAP

Well, I've just installed LogicMail 2.0.0.272 (Beta) via  http://logicmail.org

I found Logicmail has got a serious problem with Gmail IMAP.

This is the IMAP installation from Gmail

Mail Server: imap.gmail.com (SSL 993) Outgoing Mail Server: imap.gmail.com (SLL 465)

BUT, Logicmail argues that Outgoing Mail Server MUST BE "smtp.gmail.com".

I'm so sorry, "smtp.gmail.com" is Gmail POP3 only. Logicmail keeps asking me that "imap.gmail.com" is wrong.

So I think Derek please do a bit fixing this bug.

And Logicmail also can not read unicode email uft8. So please, just take it a shot.

Thx Derek.

Tree View Flat View (newer first) Flat View (older first)
  • Message #514

IMAP and POP are protocols for receiving incoming E-Mail. Neither of them have anything to do with actually sending E-Mail. For sending E-Mail, you always use SMTP. As such, "smtp.gmail.com" (SSL, port 465) is the correct outgoing server setting for Gmail in all cases.

Also, UTF-8 Unicode worked just fine the last time I checked. Can you please be a little more specific about what sort of E-Mail (language, etc) you are trying to read?

• Message #516

Oh thank you so much Octo, you have replied to me really fast.

I did as you said, inputing "smtp.gmail.com", it works.

The other issue I have mentioned that I can not read the Vietnamese unicode typing such as the language: "Xin chào, tôi tên là James, tôi rất thích sử dụng Logicmail". I dunt know, I could read those writing in version 1.1, but this Beta version.

Thx Octo.

• Message #520

I'm going to need a lot more information from you to track down a language-display issue. I seem to have a lot of Vietnamese users, and no one else has reported any issues lately.

Please send me the following:

• BlackBerry OS version on your phone
    • What you actually see on your screen, instead of the expected Vietnamese text
    • The raw source of a message that is displayed this way. (Most desktop e-mail clients have a "view source" option that shows headers and encoded content in a raw form. This is what I want to see.)
  • Message #527

Thanks to hoanghuy89, I now have enough information to work this issue. See ticket #320 for details.

This bug does not happen on newer OS 5.0 devices, but it definitely does happen on older OS 4.5 devices.

Tree View Flat View (newer first) Flat View (older first)

Subscriptions

Moderation