Help (#2) - New Message (#207) - Message List

New Message

I can click on an email address within a message to create a new email, but I can't find where to just start a NEW email alone. Am I missing something here?

BB 8900 running v5 OS and LM 2.0.0.291, all via WIFI ONLY.

Also, I have connection debugging enabled, but I can't find where to view the details.

• Message #590

On most screens within the app, if you press the menu button on the phone, you'll find a "Compose E-Mail" item somewhere on it.

P.S. Connection debugging logs every packet sent between LogicMail and your mail server to the BlackBerry Event Logger (press Alt-lglg from the device's home screen to see it).

• Message #591

From the main screen 'Local Folders, bl@ah (IMAP)' etc, when I hit the MENU key all I see is:

Collapse
      Refresh status
      Refresh Folders
      Disconnect
      Configuration
      About
      Battery Level 90%
      Close
      Exit
      Switch Application

Very similar on other screens, no "Compose E-Mail" or the like on any of them.

Gotcha on the logging.

• Message #592

If you don't see "Compose E-Mail" in that list, then you've either highlighted a Local folder, or don't have an outgoing (SMTP) server associated with your mail account configuration.

• Message #593

Ah...

I DID have a SMTP configured correctly, but I didn't scroll down far enough under the IMAP Account screen to select the outgoing SMTP server (was set to NONE).

TY!!!

Subscriptions

Moderation