Help (#2) - Message could not be loaded, and red x's everywhere (#218) - Message List

Message could not be loaded, and red x's everywhere

I recently switched from pop to imap for email server(s), and upgraded LogicMail from 2.0.0.291 to 2.2.0.79. I had experienced a lot of problems with messages vanishing from pop accounts, which does not seem to happen with imap.

Now that the message deletion issue is resolved, I have two new problems:

1. Quite a few messages won't load; LogicMail instead shows "Message could not be loaded" in the message body. These are usually larger messages, and do not contain html formatting. Is there a way to get messages to display more consistently?
  1. If I leave LogicMail open, after an hour or so, I get a red x over all of the mail server accounts, and no more mail is retrieved. It looks like if the wifi connection is lost and reconnected, the mail server connections do not recover. Similarly, the blackberry is set to shut off automatically at night and restart in the morning; LogicMail is configured to autostart too. I have three imap servers configured and so far it's hit & miss as to which, if any, of the servers will be connected. On a good day I get two out of three, but usually it's only one out of three. The only solution is to exit LogicMail and restart it. Each account is set to refresh headers every five minutes. Is there something in my configuration settings I need to do differently to make this work more reliably?
  • Message #613
    1. Quite a few messages won't load; LogicMail instead shows "Message could not be loaded" in the message body. These are usually larger messages, and do not contain html formatting. Is there a way to get messages to display more consistently?

Go to the "Advanced Settings" page for the account, and scroll down to find the "Max size to dl per msg" configuration item. Its default is probably smaller than these big messages.

1. If I leave LogicMail open, after an hour or so, I get a red x over all of the mail server accounts, and no more mail is retrieved. It looks like if the wifi connection is lost and reconnected, the mail server connections do not recover. Similarly, the blackberry is set to shut off automatically at night and restart in the morning; LogicMail is configured to autostart too. I have three imap servers configured and so far it's hit & miss as to which, if any, of the servers will be connected. On a good day I get two out of three, but usually it's only one out of three. The only solution is to exit LogicMail and restart it. Each account is set to refresh headers every five minutes. Is there something in my configuration settings I need to do differently to make this work more reliably?

The refresh settings are at the bottom of the "Basic settings" configuration page for the account. I think they're off by default, so try changing the "Refresh frequency" setting. While LogicMail tries to keep IMAP connections open as long as it can, this will control how often it attempts to reconnect after the connection has been lost.

• Message #614

Thanks for the info. On item #1, your solution works perfectly. As to item #2, still having some trouble. If logicmail loses wifi connectivity, it does not reconnect when wifi becomes available again. I have similar configurations set up on each IMAP account:

Basic Settings (same for all):
      Refresh on startup: Headers
      Refresh frequency: 5 minutes
      Homescreen message count: Inbox

Folder Settings (acct #1 - work):
      Sent message folder: Local Folders: Sent
      Draft message folder: Local Folders: Drafts
      Folders to refresh: Inbox

Folder Settings (acct #2 - gmail):
      Sent message folder: gmail (IMAP): Sent
      Draft message folder: gmail (IMAP): Drafts
      Folders to refresh: Inbox, Drafts, Sent

Folder Settings (acct #3 - local isp):
      Sent message folder: isp (IMAP): Sent
      Draft message folder: isp (IMAP): Drafts
      Folders to refresh: Inbox, Drafts, Sent, Trash, sent-mail

Advanced Settings (same for all):
      Messages to load: 20
      Load increment: 5
      Messages to retain: 40
      Connection Method: wifi only
      Use WiFi if available is checked

Folder prefix:
      Max size to dl per ...: 256
      Max folder depth: 4
      Show only subscribed folders is checked
      Use compression if available is unchecked

But, for example, if I'm home, and someone uses the microwave, the blackberry loses wifi during that time (why is my hair smoking?); the little red x's pop up on each account, and I never get another message. If I exit logicmail and relaunch, all is well.

Is this just a limitation of the software, or is there a setting I can change to make this more robust?

Subscriptions

Moderation