The ultimate goal of this milestone is to make it possible for LogicMail to provide all the features users have been begging for, but aren't easy or practical to implement on top of the 1.x design.
The specific goals are:
- Implementation of a standard build process using Blackberry Ant Tools
- Redesigned mail engine that is fully asynchronous from the user interface
- Common mail object model that provides a unified view of accounts and folders
- Idling and polling support for new message notifications (to be completed in 2.1)
- Internationalization of the user interface (specific languages depend on contributions)