Ticket #213 (closed Tasks: fixed)
Improve cache loading performance
|Reported by:||octo||Owned by:||octo|
LogicMail currently loads all cached message headers from a folder before attempting to synchronize with the mail server. This process can be sufficiently slow to be annoying, especially with #211 likely leading to a dramatic increase in cached content.
The whole loading process needs to be profiled, bottlenecks found, and the user impact reduced.
Some ideas include:
- Triggering the server flag sync at the same time as the cache load, since cache file names do indicate message UIDs
- Speeding up the load in one of the following ways:
- Finding/fixing deserialization bottlenecks
- File data compression
- Folder index files
- Maintaining a second cache in the persistent store
- Not loading all message headers until the user starts to scroll